Lavender and lemon sugar scrub
This sweet, refreshing body scrub is designed to gently exfoliate, deeply nourish, and rejuvenate the skin of your body, hands, and feet thanks to its ingredients:
- Lavender essential oil boasts anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and soothing properties.
- Lemon is astringent and rejuvenating. The scent alone is a natural pick-me-up!
- Dried lavender buds add extra texture, scent and colour to the scrub.
- Organic coconut oil, extremely hydrating and rich in antioxidants, rounds out the ingredient list, but you can substitute it with almond oil, grape seed oil, olive oil, or jojoba oil.
To make this scrub stir together:
- 200gr of fine granulated sugar,
- 100gr softened or melted coconut oil,
- the zest of 2 lemons,
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 2 tbsp dried lavender.
Mix until the sugar is completely and evenly coated.
Transfer the mixture into an airtight container. The scrub will stay moist and last for up to 2-3 weeks. Leave it to infuse for 24 hours before using.
Use this scrub 1-2 times a week applying in a circular motion. Rinse off with warm water.
It does wonders for your hands after gardening and it makes a great gift too!